Clear is looking for a Fixed-Term Assistant Accountant to work for 8 months with our client, an Australia-based labour hire firm. Our client is known as Australia’s best temporary and permanent recruitment agency with over 50 years of experience in providing staffing solutions.
Role and Opportunity
This is a work-from-home to provide assistance in the accounting functions of the client’s business. The Assistant Accountant will support the overall objectives of the Finance Team and of the Shared Services function as a whole.
Our client provides services in Temporary, Contract, and Permanent recruitment, Payrolling, and Managed Services. The company works with Australia’s best employers with the goal of Growth through valued relationships and real solutions… because people are important.
As an Assistant Accountant, your daily tasks may include:
- Maintain and prepare bank reconciliations for all bank accounts on a weekly basis
- Update and prepare cash flow forecasts
- Assist in the preparation of quarterly BAS
- Assist in the preparation of the monthly IAS
- Assist with the preparation of monthly FBT worksheets & lodgement
- Assist with the monthly and annual payroll tax calculations and lodgement
- Prepare various general journals required in finalising the month-end reporting
- Reconcile the general ledger accounts for all entities, including balancing intercompany accounts
- Prepare monthly client reports
- Assist with the month-end financial reporting as required
- Assist with internal and external audits as required
- Undertake ad hoc activities relating to the accounts payable and finance function as directed by the Manager – Accounting and Chief Financial Officer
- Provide other support as may be required by the client to give them the headspace to make the important decisions for their businesses.
- Technologically adept with the ability to follow instructions and work independently
- Proactive mindset with good organisational and time management skills
- High level of professionalism, attention to detail, and reliability
- Good interpersonal skills to harmoniously work with a team
- Ability to multi-task and exercise flexibility, good judgment, and discretion
- With a minimum of 50mbps internet in a postpaid plan
- Willingness to work on a fixed-term contract (8 months)
- At least 3 years of accounting work experience
- Background in a multi-entity corporation or inter-company transactions
- Minimum 1 year of experience with an Australian account
- Graduate of BS Accountancy or similar degree
- High level of MS Excel skills and proficiency in using MS Office
- Excellent verbal and written English skills
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics Great Plains
- A Certified Public Accountant or its equivalent license
Clear Admin People is a B4B Solutions company that provides career opportunities to great Filipino talents to work remotely with our Australia-based clients. At Clear, employees are enjoying the following benefits on top of the government’s mandatory contributions:
- Work-from-home (WFH) setup
- PC set with freight expense coverage
- Monthly and annual subsidies/incentive
- Employee referral incentive
- Quarterly engagement activities
- Group term life insurance coverage
- Special leave benefits.